Trend Alert

I have noticed a trend in which certain men, when ordered to pay what they feel is a too large amount of child support, will attempt to enter into an off the books “agreement” with their ex to pay less child support. Absent very unusual circumstances, these so-called agreements will not stand up in court. The only way to modify a court order is with another order.

A potential client recently told me he wanted to sue his ex for breach of contract for trying to enforce the original child support order, and I told him he had no case. I did not hear from him again. (That’s another issue, when you tell some potential clients the truth, they don’t want to hire you. C’est la vie.)

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this: